Career Talk, The Dental Practice And What’s With All The Smiley Faces?
If you’re considering a career in the dental field this article is for you. (:-)
To begin we’ll give a quick overview of dental tasks, then mention some of the specialties you can pursue and finally we’ll look at the actions a person in the dental field takes within a typical day of working in other peoples mouths. (:-)
A dentist is a specialist who can diagnose, prevent and treat all disorders related to your teeth and gums. Dental care involves the restoration and preservation of your natural teeth, filling cavities, removing rotten teeth if necessary and providing artificial teeth replacement.
CLICK HERE: http://reviewofdentalpro7.mystrikingly.com/
Some dentists are general practitioners who work with preventative dentistry and use diagnostic procedures, X-rays and instruments to evaluate the condition of your teeth and gums. Dentists perform checkups, take impressions for dentures, fill cavities and fit bridges. They use a variety of dental appliances, hand instruments, and surgical implements to perform their work accurately. Giving anesthetics called numbing or freezing is also done by a dentist or a dental hygienist for those visits that will be quite painful. (:-)
The American Dental Association recognizes the following Dental specialties:
1) Oral surgeons
2) Periodontics (related with treating the gums)
3) Prosthodontics (making teeth or dentures)
4) Oral pathologist (treating diseases of the mouth)
5) Endodontics (root canal therapy)
6) Orthodontists (related with structure of teeth)
7) Dental hygienists (work with hygiene of oral cavity)
8) Maxillofacial surgeon
Phew! There’s allot of areas to study there, better have a (:-).
What Does a Dentist Do?
• Diagnose and treat malformations, injuries and diseases of the teeth and oral cavity.
• Dentists improve patient’s appearance by using various cosmetic dental processes and sometimes the help of surgical interventions.
• Dentists perform surgical procedures like tissue grafts, implants and extractions.
• Educate patients, mostly children on how to take care of their teeth and prevent cavities and oral diseases by showing how to floss and brush correctly and eat healthy foods. (:-)
• Dentists related with teaching field, teach dental hygienists and future dentists.
• Dentists perform research directed to developing new treatment methods and improving oral health.
• Dental hygienists work with patients alongside the dentist to perform allot of the routine and simpler tasks.
If you go to any dental practice, quite often the first person you’ll encounter is a dental hygienist. Make sure you give them a (:-).
Dental hygienists are specialists who take care of your teeth, gums and oral cavity. A dental hygienist will clean and polish your teeth using tiny dental tools such as the mirror, tooth scrapper for plaque removal and special toothbrush. They also perform flossing to remove very tiny food particles from your teeth. They’ll check your dental cavities by taking x-rays of your teeth. After checking your teeth for cavities, they’ll recommend the needed treatment to you and your dentist and may refer to a specialist if necessary.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my smiling dental care article! Maybe you won’t pursue the dental field, that’s okay with me. I’ll just be glad to know you smiled a pile (pun intended) and didn’t waste your time while reading. Have a Great (:-) day!!